The entrepreneurial history of the Aloia family is rooted in the old mercantile tradition of the so-called Amalfitani. The Amalfitani were skilled seamen and shipowners that created an important trade in the South of the Mediterranean sea, in particular in the Calabria region in Italy. Pasquale Aloia, born in 1855, passed on these trade traditions to his sons Vincenzo and Antonio and at the beginning of the twentieth century started with them the commercial activity of their own of foodstuffs.
Antonio Aloia, together with his brother Vincenzo, rapidly develops the commercial activity and already in the 1920s imports in the city of Napoli corn from the United States of America. There will be the construction of the warehouse in Calabria and, among all the products that were traded, the primary product was the preserved fish imported from North Europe. In addition to the warehouse, will be then built an advanced cylinder mill and later on, together with some partners, a “Pastificio” (pasta factory).
Domenico e Pasquale Aloia
In the immediate postwar period, Domenico and Pasquale join the father Antonio in the commercial activity. Successively, around the end of the Fifties, Domenico specializes in the import of preserved fish products, establishing his office in the port of Napoli.
Riccardo, Giandomenico e Francesca Aloia
In 1973, the activity of Domenico, with the entry of his son Riccardo, evolves into the today’s form of International Sales Agency. Nowadays, the fourth generation, formed by Riccardo’s son Giandomenico and daughter Francesca is ready to continue… the history!